Monday, May 17, 2010

Addict Me

I finally blew up my exercise ball for the first time in the past 6 months. It was such a great feeling. I worked out for about an hour or so, just lightly really, but still enough to get my heart going a bit. The kit that came with the big purple ball included three different strength training bands. I love them so much! 

I'm working on becoming more flexible again- I was a cheerleader for 4 years (football, wrestling, and 1 year of basketball). We weren't a competitive squad by far (our coach thought walking a mile was a work-out enough), but I was still pretty dang good at those high kicks.


 I've finally figured out a few good tips for avoiding food:

1) find a disgusting sauce or food you detest and eat only half of what is put on your plate (or less), then mix that said yucky food with the stuff on your plate- you're guaranteed not to eat it!

*Tried that one today at school- my friends just thought it was funny and complimented on what a great idea it really was

2) pinch yourself or slap a rubber band every time you take a bite to eat- by the time you get halfway through the meal, you won't even want to eat the rest because it "hurts" so much

*used this trick to eat only one piece of pizza when the rest of the family had at least 3 slices

3) talk yourself out of eating

*whenever I'm about to eat something I tell myself "heck no, fattie" then find a mint to suck on or make some tea

So now I'm addicted to exercising (at least at the current moment). I love working out right before bed- I just collapse afterwards and sleep all night- it's so awesome. Another weigh-in tomorrow probably.

No comments: