Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Pondering Stone


I went for an hour-long bike ride this morning at 9:45 am. It was so wonderful. Yes, it did suck going up those hills and I about died because I stupidly forgot to bring water. In the end, the heat, thirst, and burn were all worth it. Roughly 200 calories burned (at the minimum...I didn't count the near constant hills). Biking just gave my day a wonderful jump start!

I had just coffee for breakfast, a cup of pasta for lunch that I made my brother (330), two Starbursts during the day (40), 1/2 cup blueberries (50), 3 cheese slices (100), 5 Triscuit crackers (100). Total calories consumed = 620. Minus 200 calories burned.

Net Total: 420 calories.

I was aiming for zero calories today, but I should have been a bit more realistic. Nevertheless, I am still happy with how much willpower I exerted today. Tomorrow, I will be brave and weigh myself.

My mum gave me a little pocket rock, a "pondering stone", today. It is all black and has the single word "walk" written on it. At first, I was angry that she had given that to me- I felt (and still do a bit) that she was calling me fat. Of course, I just thanked her. But now that I look back, it is my thinspiration. I will carry my little rock with me where ever I go and remember to starve and not eat, to exercise and not sit around. Thanks mum. In telling me I am overweight, you  have alighted in me a new desire to prove you wrong and watch as you gain more and more weight while I become thinner and thinner.

I must exercise even more tomorrow- especially working on my abs and thighs. I feel a new hope within me- one that is beginning to push at the bloated and lazy me, one that will transform me into a young woman who can love herself.

No comments: