Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 46- Ana's Little Black Book

Barnes and Noble has officially saved my life once again! I made a quick trip after work today to grab a couple books for my roadtrip with the family to Oregon. I ended up buying a huge knitting book and a "black book" with a listing of calories for over 5,000 foods and some popular restaurants. I loooooove it! I really didn't realize how many calories were in a breakfast wrap or honey mustard sauce for dipping. Wow! Plus it's just the right size to fit in my purse. Now all I have to do is find a store to buy all my knitting supplies at. Any suggestions?

So I ended up working seven hours instead of five today- from 10 am to 5 pm. I loved it. I had zero breakfast nor lunch. It felt so amazing. It seemed as though I had more energy today from not eating than days when I have eaten a tad for each meal. I am on such a high right now. I splurged a bit for super and now I'm rather full (yuck). I had a turkey and cheese sandwich on rye bread (210), half and half iced tea with lemon (50), one Oreo ball (50), and two cookies (100) for a total of 410 calories for supper. I did end up treating myself a bit too much at B&N with a light soy strawberry frappicino (150) and 1/3 chocolate chip cookie (100). Grand total for the day 660 calories. According to several websites (I went to caloriecount.about.com for a calculator) I burned about 155 calories per hour doing "light cleaning"- dusting, walking, sitting, standing. That sounds like too many calories to me. I need to find an accurate calculator somewhere! For now, I shall say that I burned 300 calories at work today over a period of seven hours straightening shelves and working the check-out lane continuously (we were super busy today....nonstop customers). So that would make my net calorie intake today 360. Not too bad, I suppose. I'm waitressing tomorrow for about 6 hours. I wonder how many calories that will burn off? Where are you, stupid calculator?!

So, I think I'm going to have to work on a few strategies for avoiding eating breakfast and lunch around my parents during the road trip. It's easy to say I ate in the morning when we never sit together to eat. What to do, what to do? Any suggestions?

Well, I'm off for tonight I think. I'm getting rather tired. I think I'm going to pick up more diet pills tomorrow (almost out of Acai). Any suggestions as to what pills work the best? I didn't think the AcaiBerry worked that well- just made me jittery and addicted to the energy rush. (I think tonight is kind of a bit of a suggestion night).

Stay thin!

No comments: