Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Try Not to Shove Your Words in My Mouth

There's this girl- E.- (I wonder if you remember her from one of my posts...something about laundry in the title perhaps?). Anyway she was the one down the hall who figured out about my ED and decided to "cure" me. She's a recovered anorexic...wants to become a counselor...all that jazz. I must have been having a really shitty day when I confessed about Ana to her and let E push me around, burn BOOKS (which I love books, so that is a bit of a sin to me) that could be triggers, all of my posters, and nearly had me delete this blog (so glad I didn't!).

Well, as nice as she seemed in the beginning, I've come to realize that she is definitely not the same person she was during the first weeks of college...or else I was seeing everything through a rose-colored pair of glasses. I've come to realize that she acts like a total high school spoiled brat cliche, doesn't care about others' wants or privacy, is annoyingly loud, and tries to shove her own philosophies down everyone's throat as though there has been a philosophical famine lasting decades.

It's pretty rare for me to hate being in the same room with a person.
I can barely stand to be in the same hallway as her.

My wing has devotional groups every Tuesday evening. Our theme for the rest of the year is "true beauty". So we've been watching "The Price of Beauty" (Jessica Simpson's show...don't get me started on her...). I actually really enjoy seeing what other cultures view as beauty. I believe that in watching each episode, we should learn to appreciate every culture's ideals and customs, and also take a look at our own ideals. Of course, E. always preaches about inner beauty and being "healthy", claiming that she knows what it's like to spiral into an image problem. That's all fine and dandy except with every episode she made horrible comments about the cultures- she called Thailand's neck elongations (with gold rings) "disgusting"....and that the French models were all "anorexic and ugly". Note, I am not violent whatsoever, but had to clench my hands to keep from slapping her. She is one of the first people I have met who is a true hypocrite. She also went off on another girl (A.) in the room, suggesting that she was anorexic....A is not, she is simply very very petite and works out at the gym every day. I could tell A. was really embarrassed and hurt by E's total lack of perspective.

Did I mention that E is constantly talking about losing weight and exercising all the time? Yeah. While she does that, she continues to criticize anyone who even thinks about working out more than three times a day.

Truly, I could go on and on about this girl named E. Needless to say, we are not friends at all (long story). I really despise hypocrites and just don't want to be in their company at all. She is the type of girl that pretends to be so smart, kind, and mature, but instead has the mental ability and dramatic capabilities of a sixteen year old in high school (or worse). I can't wait until someone finally puts her in her place.

Part of me hopes that that someone will be me.

You're all beautiful. Don't forget to put those hypocrites in your own lives in their place!



xo- Violet

An exert from my favorite book: "Winter Girls" by Laurie Halsie Anderson

 

2 comments:

A said...

I love winter girls! & I can't believe that E girl.. She sounds like a such a bitch. & definite hypocrite.. but I hope things get better for you & that she leaves you alone. Stay strong, xo A

Dani said...

love winter girls
wow E is a bitch im gald ur not friends with her she would just bring u donw shes like the girl who has to pur everyone else down fro she can feel better about hersel