Monday, February 21, 2011

An Apple a Day Makes the Fat Go Away

Sorry for not posting an update yesterday. The muscles in the middle of my back were spasm-ing late Saturday night and all day yesterday. I haven't felt pain that bad in a very long time. I could feel the ones around my spine clenching so tight it made it hard to breathe. I'm four hours away from home, and needless to say I was very freaked out. So I spent 2 hours in the emergency room. One x-ray and a bottle of muscle relaxers later and I was back at the dorms and confined to my bed.

So that was my horrifying adventure for yesterday. Intake was shitty...around 800. But I suppose as much as I want to be the girl with the amazing control from this summer, I need to realize it will take time to get there again. However, intake has been wonderful today so far. I had coffee for breakfast. Lunch consisted of a mini box of Fruit Loops (80) plus some soymilk (50). I just ate 3 Triscuit crackers for a snack (50). Total intake today: 180 calories. Not bad, huh? I'm hoping to get by with just an apple for dinner tonight or maybe some oatmeal (150). I don't want to get past (or even close) to the 400 calorie mark.

It might be my imagination, but I feel like my ribs and collar bones are beginning to show a bit more already. I noticed today that my face looks less puffy too, but that may just be the lighting of the room. I'm anxious to see results either way. Silly, yes. But waiting to see results is what keeps me from grabbing food from our community table down the hall (others put baked goods and unwanted foods there).



Stay strong ladies! It feels great to be back!

xo- Violet

3 comments:

amy said...

you're collarbones look positively lovely. good work on the intake too xx

Violet said...

Oh, those aren't my collar bones dear! Mine used to look like that though. Maybe someday they will again :)

Dani said...

sorry about ur back hun i kno whow u feel i have msucle spasms as wella dn they kill