Monday, August 9, 2010

Hit the Return Key

So now I am officially back from my colon camp. I had a fantastic week and loved each and every one of those kids with every fiber of my being- I honestly didn't know I could love that much. These kids are just so incredible and have definitely changed me during that single week.

I made some new friends. Cuddled with an old friend, L., at the camp fire and caught up after a year of being apart. Avoided the stupid ex- P., even though he wanted me to sit with him a couple times. Flirted with C. and became really great friends this year. And really just had a blast overall. I could honestly tell the difference in the way people are seeing me with all this weight loss. C and I had a great time together too. :) Last year we just kind of acknowledged each other and whatnot, but now that I've moved on from being a camper to a counselor, we really connected and flirted somewhat. Yes, yes, I know camp relationships don't always work out (trying to forget stupid ex), but it was fun just being around C and getting to know him more. Who knows what may happen? :)

However, food intake sucked majorly. I lost plenty of my control, especially when I couldn't make oatmeal again and again. Having food placed right in front of me, waiting to be dug into is so damn hard. So I'm sure I've gained that 5 pounds I lost right back in the same amount of time I lost it. Fuck. But now I'm back and ready for business!

I'm going to force myself to step on the scale Wednesday morning. Tomorrow, I'll save myself the pain, but I need to know on Wednesday. Wish me luck that I really didn't gain those 5 pounds back and I'm worrying over nothing.

I move into my college in 12 days. Wow. Can I lose 5, maybe 10 pounds by then?

Stay strong, Skinnys!<3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Camp is always fun :)
I miss going, I used to go to one every summer.

Violet said...

Agreed! I am so lucky I was able to come back as a counselor this year after being a camper for 3 years. I loved every second of it.